Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
- Subject: Jewish religious education--New Jersey X
Identifier: MC 736
Abstract: Constitution and by-laws, undated; congregation minutes, December 1, 1921-May 28, 1964; board of trustees minutes, July 16, 1962-August 1, 1967; financial records, 1943-1967, 1977-1978 and undated; general files, 1954-1981; ad journals, 1944-1985 with gaps; newsletters, 1975-1987; membership lists, 1977-1981 with gaps; programs, 1978 and 1980; books of remembrance, 1977-1983 with gaps; guest books, 1951 and 1977; scrapbook, circa 1955; minutes, November 8, 1921-April 25, 1968, and articles...
Identifier: MC 739
Abstract: Founded in 1901 as an Orthodox Jewish congregation in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Congregation Poile Zedek became a Conservative congregation for a short period, beginning in 1968, before reverting to Orthodox Judaism. Its Ladies Auxiliary (later Sisterhood) began in 1920, and its large synagogue building on Neilson Street was completed in 1924. The organization's records date from 1917 to 1969 and from 1985 to 1997. They consist of a constitution, minutes, a scrapbook, financial documents...
Identifier: MC 902
Abstract: The Young Israel South Orange Jewish Center of South Orange, New Jersey was founded in 1922 as the Young Israel of Newark. Young Israel of Newark, an orthodox congregation, is part of the national Young Israel movement. Records acquired from Young Israel of Newark date from 1926-1981. Records after 1981 were not collected. The documentation is fairly well distributed over the span of years represented, but concentrates on the period between 1940 and 1970. Among these records are meeting...