New Jersey Restaurant Menu Collection
- Majority of material found within 1873 - present, ( 1931-1986)
The collection includes menus from a variety of New Jersey restaurants, hotels, and banquet dinners. Many menus date from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, while other portions of the collection date from the 1980s to the present.
1.2 Cubic Feet (3 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
The items in the collection are arranged by restaurant location. When multiple menus originated from the same town or restaurant, they were placed together in individual folders. All other menus, including those from unidentified towns, have been placed in the miscellaneous series.
Many menus from the Marlborough-Blenheim Hotel were bound together; these volumes are placed together in Box 2. The rest of the hotel’s unbound menus are located in Box 1.
- Inventory to the New Jersey Restaurant Menu Collection
- Edited Full Draft
- Catherine Babikian
- April 2016
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English.
- Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University received an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State.
Part of the New Brunswick Special Collections Repository