Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Filtered By

  • Language: Undetermined X
  • Subject: Jewish religious education--New Jersey X
  • Subject: New Brunswick (N.J.) X
 Collection
Identifier: MC 739

Abstract: Founded in 1901 as an Orthodox Jewish congregation in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Congregation Poile Zedek became a Conservative congregation for a short period, beginning in 1968, before reverting to Orthodox Judaism. Its Ladies Auxiliary (later Sisterhood) began in 1920, and its large synagogue building on Neilson Street was completed in 1924. The organization's records date from 1917 to 1969 and from 1985 to 1997. They consist of a constitution, minutes, a scrapbook, financial documents...